- January 14th, 2012
So a much better version than the others I've seen, and I'm avoiding housework so why not....
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Stood up for my brother in his wedding
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have never been one for New Year's resolutions, and I have rarely made them. This year, however, I do have one goal: to be less obligated and relax more!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Beth, and I'm sure there were others but that's the first one I thought of. Joseph Eugene Fels born in April. Though for the life of me I can't understand the "Eugene", even if it is a family name from both mother and father.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandfather. Pepa died on April 10, 2011. Hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life is tell my father his father had died. And I'm assuming my cat, as he was not well and went out one morning, never to return. RIP George Early Blincoe, Sr. and Pete
5. What countries did you visit?
Germany, Czech Republic
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A credit card with a zero balance
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 10, the day Pepa died
The day after Thanksgiving, the day I discovered my father had forever changed my brother's world
December 10, the day my brother got married and what would have been my grandfather's 65th wedding anniversary
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The opportunity to go on a mission trip with WEAG to Dohna, Germany
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not sure I've ever had true mental health, so....
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My brother's Christmas gift was the R2D2 robot from Hammacher Schlemmer. He's been asking for it since he was 14. The look on his face when he got it I will never forget. Using Grandma money to buy a Mac and a Nikon D80. And in March, Levi.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My father, after the death of his father. The first time I've ever really seen him step up, even if it did involve some steamrolling of his mother.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My father, the fuktard.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, unfortunately. And the damn wedding.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Germany, the R2D2 robot, and the release of The Muppets in November
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Man or Muppet
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Employed full time for one person, a dog owner, a sister in law, addicted to a Kindle
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas
It was an interesting one, all depending on my brother's schedule as a newlywed. At dad's house for the first time in seven+ years, without the new Sister In Law thanks to fuktard behavior. At my sisters for the first time ever playing with my nieces which was great fun even if I was an afterthought for Kent, and then at mom's pulling my hair out because all they did was sit on the porch from 10 to 5 and stare at one another and holler at me for not eating food.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2011?
I'm sure there were many instances, but for some reason I can't think of any
22. Did you fall in love in 2011
Levi is a cutie....
23. How many one-night stands?
Only with Ben and Jerry
24. What was your favorite TV program?
A waning interest in Glee probably leaves The Big Bang Theory at the top of the list, then there are the candy shows on TNT and USA and Bravo....
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
at times the fuktard, but it's hard to hate that which you were born to love. Hate is a strong word. I don't use it often. But I hate the actions and the consequences.
26. What was the best book you read?
Nothing particularly moving, but I have quite a few on the Kindle that are supposed to be fabulous that I haven't gotten to yet. There were quite a few in 2010 that I read that eclipsed anything I perused in 2011
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Cast of The Book of Mormon
28. What did you want and get?
Being materialistic, a Mac and a Nikon
29. What did you want and not get?
A housekeeper, a home repair, a husband, a size 10 body
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
38. Recovered from funeral activities. It was a Friday. Mom came over for a sandwich and I worked from home as I had just gotten back in town. She was then mortified by the amount of dog hair so she took it upon herself to vacuum while I worked. Ceci came to town so she joined Drew and Scott and I for dinner at Capital Ale to celebrate (her birthday was two days earlier), and then we went to Dave and Busters for awhile though it wasn't that great. Kind of a mellow evening, really, then Ceci went to the place she was staying while Drew, Scott, and I came back to my house to chill and play stupid games on the Wii. The next day was my monthly crop at the GACAC, and Ceci came with, so that was fun. Kyla even had a birthday danish thingie. It was a nice mellow weekend to get over the heartbreak of the prior week.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Discount rack comfort
34. What kept you sane?
sleep and movies with friends
35. Which celebrity / public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't know that I really fancy any of them??
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The disaster that is the state of the american political campaigning system
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Renee. Felt like I'd known her forever from Kyla's Old Weekend stories, and when I finally met her in April felt like we'd been friends for awhile.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011
Wells Fargo is not the bank you should rely on for billpay
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Hold on for one more day". For personal reasons that are self explanatory, and for the memory of the final scene in Bridesmaids, seen late one summer night with Kyla....